Friday, February 25, 2011

Journal #2 Mood

What do you remember most about the book?
The thing I remember the most from this book is the way she described the first time Rogerson hit Caitlin. I remember this mostly because she used such detailed descriptions, like the way his eyes looked before and after he smacked her,

" they were such a deep, loving green unlike before, when he'd been angry earlier, they seemed almost black". ( Dreamland, by Sarah Dessen, pg 145)

Or when he hit her, "when he hit me, I didn't see it coming. It was just a quick blur, a flash out of the corner of my eye, then the side of my face just exploded, burning, as his hand slammed against me! The noise it made was a crack, like a gunshot." ( Dreamland , by Sarah Dessen, pg 143)

I think she uses a different way to explain it, instead of her using boring, everyday, used words she uses words you wouldn't really imagine explaining a situation in real life. Thats what I like most about her writing. The way she described how Caitlin felt after the hit was very detailed and I could imagine how she felt,

"My ears were ringing, my face flushed, and already instantly, I had tears in my eyes!" (Dreamland, by Sarah Dessen pg 143)

This is what I remember most because when I read it I was able to imagine how Rogerson looked, how it sounded, and how Caitlin felt after the hit, to me this scene was very well describe and the author didn't use the boring, everyday, describing words. Which put a better image in my head. This is why I remember this scene the most from the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment